We are absolutely committed to ensuring
that your privacy is protected.
This privacy notice describes how Medicscareer (“we”, “us”) collect and use personal data or information about you in the course of our provision of services to you and afterwards – all in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the governing statute (the Data Protection Act 2018).
We are a “data controller” meaning that we decide how we hold and use your personal information. We are required to notify you of all information contained in this Privacy Notice which will be updated from time to time.
To assert any of these rights please contact us in writing. You will normally not have to pay a few. We may only charge a fee or reuse such a request if that request is clearly unfounded or excessive.
Data Protection Principles
To comply with data protection law, the personal information we hold about you must be:-
- Used lawfully, fairly and transparently;
- Collected only for valid purposes which have been clearly explained and not used in any way not compatible for these purposes;
- Relevant and limited to those purposes;
- Accurate, up to date and secure;
- Kept for those purposes no longer than necessary.
The Kind of Information Held
Personal data or information is essentially any information from which you can be identified. There are also “special” categories of data of a more sensitive nature which require a higher level of protection.
We will collect, store and use the following categories of personal information:-
- Contact details viz name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Information enabling verification of identity including photographic ID and date of birth;
- Marital status and dependants;
- On occasion, details about your personal finances viz bank details.
How We Will Use The Information Held
Your personal information may be used in the following circumstances:-
- If necessary, to perform the contract which we have entered into with you;
- To ensure compliance with a legal obligation;
- If necessary, for legitimate interest provided that your own interest and rights do not override that legitimate interest;
- In relation to “special” categories of sensitive information such as health and criminal convictions with your consent except where you are not capable of giving such consent and it is necessary for us to use the information to protect your interests;
- Where we need to protect your interest;
- Where necessary for public interest or official purposes;
- For internal record keeping or to improve our service;
- Where we have made you aware, and you have consented, to send you information related to our services in circumstances where no legitimate interest would otherwise exist.
Data Sharing, Security And Retention
We may have to share your data with third parties, including other professionals working for you, our regulators and our IT service providers. Such third parties are not permitted by us to use your personal data for their own purpose, must respect the security of your data and must treat it in accordance with the law.
Security measures are in place to prevent your data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal information strictly to employees, agents and third parties who have a business need to know. These parties are subject to duties of confidentiality and may only process your personal data upon our instruction. Procedures are also in place to prevent any security breach. We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the requirement for which collected including compliance with legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
If users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies they should take appropriate steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies or use the cookie control system available upon their first visit.
Measuring Website Use
Software may be used to collect information about how you use this website. We do this simply to ensure that we are meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Downloads and Media Files
Any downloadable documents made available from this website are provided at the users’ own risk. while precautions are taken to ensure that only genuine downloads are available, users should verify their authenticity using antivirus software. We can accept no responsibility for third party downloads.
External Website Links
Social Media Usage
We will not ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are respectively advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on such platforms.
If our website features social sharing buttons, this is to help share web context directly from our web pages. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may public content to your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media feed or page.
Rights of Access and Correction
In certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:-
- Request access to your personal information and to receive a copy of it;
- Request correction of that personal information;
- Request erasure of that personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it;
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and there is something about your personal situation which make you want to object to processing on this ground;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information eg. If you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Request the transfer of your personal information to either party.
Right to Withdraw Consent
In limited circumstances, where you may have provided consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent. In order to do so, please contact us in writing. Once we have received this notification, we will no longer process your information for the purpose originally agreed to, unless there is a legitimate basis in law for doing so.
If you have any queries about this notice, please contact us on email@example.com